Friday, January 10, 2014

I Need a New Do

I really am getting tired of my hair. I know I need a haircut, and quite frankly, I know that with my curly hair it will require a certain kind of cut. But it's getting too long and I just feel like it's kind of weighing me down.

I've been looking into getting a vintage cut, but DO NOT want to go too short. I have to be able to do a ponytail, lol. And with such a rounded face (Baby face!), I know that it needs to have the longest layer no shorter than chin-length.

Here are some of the styles I'm considering.
I like this length, and think some layers with this could be really versatile.


Right now my hair is about halfway down my back, and if I keep it on the
longish side with long layers. I can pincurl again and do styles more like this. 
I like the thought of a vintage bob, but am afraid it would require a
lot of styling daily to keep from having a Shirley Temple look on me. 
The Middy is something I'm considering, buy am a little afraid of,
and would love to hear from someone who's actually had one.


So, I'm seeking advice. If you know anything about cutting hair, or if you've gotten a vintage cut you love, let me know what you think. Because I seriously can't continue with this hairstyle, lol.


What do you think? I'm open to suggestions :)

2 comments:

  1. I say get a longer length middy cut. They're incredibly versatile and will allow you to replicate all three of the lovely styles you highlighted here, as well as plenty others.

    ♥ Jessica

    *PS* Your hair is beautiful. It always looks so thick, healthy and lovely looking in every photo of yourself you've posted here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you for the compliment. I know I'm blessed in the hair department, but trust me, I make up for it with laziness in fixing it, lol.
      I actually did go over the weekend and get a middy! I'm excited about it, and just posted this morning what it looks like without vintage styling. I can't wait to post vintage looks with it!

      Delete