Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Taking the Plunge...

Well, I'm going to do it. I'm going to join in on the Fall For Cotton Sewalong, hosted by Lucky Lucille and By Gum, By Golly.

SFVlogo250I've sewn for years and I've sewn with deadlines many times, but never joined an online sewalong, until now. I sew with vintage patterns most of the time. And did I mention I love sewing with cotton? I like nothing better than to sew up something using a quilting cotton in a cute print. So, if I'm ever going to join a sewalong, now might be the best time for me

I've got a couple patterns I want to make before September ends. The one I'm tackling first was a request by my little girl. I have a seriously hard time saying no to sewing her anything, let alone when she picks an amazing cotton print and a vintage pattern to boot. (That's my girl!)So, I figured why not jump right in? I'll be sewing it anyway, and I've been seeing lots of others in the blogosphere joining in on the fun. I'd like to see what all the hoopla of a sewalong is about.


My pattern is McCall's 4281, and she wants the 3/4 sleeve version (plaid in the picture) out of this bright green cotton print. (Having kids to sew for means you can sometimes use the most vibrant and wild prints and it's okay.)

Now, let's just hope no major catastrophes occur in our house until I get the blouse finished. And maybe, Lord willing, I'll be able to squeeze out more than one before the end. We'll see.

So, what are you waiting for? Jump in the waters fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment